Catastrophes and setbacks
As if surviving in the aftermath wasn't enough, a chain of catastrophic events still plagues the planet. They range from destructive to infectious, devastating buildings and crops alike.
Intense and oppressive heat takes over the area as moisture evaporates. Colonists struggle to keep hydrated and cool while working. Plants wither in the cracked soil.
- Colonists drink double the normal amount of Water
- Crop yields on open Fields suffer
- Build and fill Water Towers and stockpile Food to survive.
The air crackles with a faint smell of ozone. Devices begin shutting down and power plants seize up one by one. Short-circuiting components start electric fires around the colony.
- Energy-producing buildings are shut down and might get damaged
- Buildings requiring Energy might be damaged
- Battery Racks with full charge keep the colony running
The sky turns red with falling rocks burning up harmlessly in the atmosphere. But be afraid of the big ones which demolish flimsy buildings in a single impact while sturdier ones take a few more hits.
- Larger meteors hit buildings for serious damage
- Reserve Planks, Metal and other materials for repairs
- Advance to better shelters to keep your colonists safe
The sky on the horizon starts turning from blue to toxic green and the air seems to burn your lungs. These are the first signs of the impending danger. Intense radiation is a constant threat with both colonists and crops suffering greatly during a fallout. Severe cases of radiation sickness, starvation, thirst and exhaustion take their toll on everyone.
- Crops wither and die quickly, new seeds cannot be planted
- Colonists have a high chance of contracting radiation sickness
The first signs of a pandemic are upon us. At first, it's just a cough, but then fevers pick up. People start dropping like flies, and the colony grinds to a halt. Now, it's a question of how quickly you react. Several staffed Medical facilities can nullify it almost completely, but if left unchecked, it spreads like wildfire.
- Pandemic comes in waves, infecting colonists
- Untreated colonists will eventually die
- The right kinds of Medicine speed up the healing process
Benign mutations in the aftermath are rather common, but here one of the colonists develops a particularly nasty and life-threatening one. A long period of recuperation and medical help is required to cure it.
A swarm of hungry rats descends on a field, munching on growing plants and reducing its yield.
A satellite has been knocked off its course and plummets to the ground in flames. One or more pieces of it cause damage to buildings.