Patch 1.4, aka "Great Minds", was released on 2020-02-06.
We have another new update for Surviving the Aftermath! Update 4: Great Minds focuses on a new and enhanced tech tree, society leaders and several gameplay and balancing improvements. As always, thank you and all your great minds for your feedback, and keep it coming!
- Completely new Tech tree with new techs and tech types!
- 79 techs to unlock In total.
- Inside each main line there are alternative routes and optional sub-branches.
- Techs now unlock buildings and as a new feature, other improvements as well.
- Unlocking tech now also requires time in addition to science points.
- [Community request] Specialists and Vehicles can now be automatically sent back to the colony.
- Hovering over resources in Storage buildings will now show a tooltip with the name of the resource.
- Updates to Twitch integration settings.
- Survivor group icon at the gate will no longer disappear during save & load.
- Improvements to command handling in the World Map.
- Hovering over multiple overlapping objects in the colony now works in a more intuitive way.
- Water quality setting is now correctly selected with the running GPU type.
- Time of day and speed controls now have tooltips.
- Multiple localization issues fixed.
- Zoom In and Zoom Out keybindings reversed for correct behavior.
- Status of persons clothes and tools are now shown as color bars in the person’s info panel.
- Xbox: Mouse cursor is no longer visible in the Main Menu when launching the game.
- Societies now have Leaders and they can be interacted with! This will be improved in the future with new mechanics to interact with societies, improved trading etc.
- Selecting a society in the world map opens a society menu where the leader greets the player in different ways based on the reputation level.
- [Community request] World map movement lines now show how many days each movement action will take to complete.
- Fixes to the Vehicle repair system:
- More assigned Specialists means faster repairs.
- Vehicles take damage while traveling on the World Map.
- Fuel resource is used to repair the damage.
- Garage UI now properly updates while the info panel is open.
- Trapper efficiency now correctly changes after trees are cut from the work area.
- Medicine and Iodine amounts are now correctly shown in the top bar.
- Amount of survivors in a survivor group will no longer scale too much with the population.
- Large plank deposit added, with multiple graphical variations.
- Seven new events added with new illustrations.
- General visual overhaul was done to the game:
- Post processing and lighting greatly improved.
- Normal maps for most of the objects improved.
- Height variation added to full grown trees.
- Ground texture improvements.
- Concrete extractor no longer rotates incorrectly during animation.
- All colonist 3D models have been updated.
- Specialist 3D models now display additional items on the world map. Can’t venture into the wasteland without the proper equipment!
- Vehicle and their damage models improved, sounds were added to vehicles.
- Crops are now correctly aligned in the medium-sized field.
- Food storage building model changed.
- Gate now has banners with the colony symbol instead of a flag.
- Gate now opens when accepting a survivor group.
- Colonists and Specialists now have variations to their idle animations.
- Depleting large resource deposits can be seen visually in the 3D model.
- [Community request] Birth rate algorithm in the colony has been changed, this should reduce the number of babies born in the colony.
- Sawmill now needs to be unlocked in the tech tree and uses Energy.
- Several “un-teched” building values adjusted down to balance them with the new Techs.
- Reduced the amount of Fiber production from Trapper, Recycler and Plastic Extractor.
- Sunflower seeds can now be gained from events.
- Locations now have more Science Points to compensate for the greatly increased tech count.
- Catastrophe warning time reduced to one day without a Radar, which increases it to three.
- Number of vehicles on the World Map reduced slightly.
- Soybean yield decreased, insect farm production increased to compensate for spending more resources on them.
- Increased the time Specialists need to recover back to full health.
- Increased the amount of resources Specialists scavenge per action.
- Added support for setting building animations and state through WorkStateConfig.
- Added support for adding DamageVisualizer to building prefabs to show custom building damage models.
- Forum: "Update 4: Great Minds" Patch Notes, 2020-02-06.