Patch 1.7, aka "Hostile World", was released on 2020-05-07 updating the game build to 6441.
Attention, Survivors! We are receiving reports of criminal activity within your colony. We are therefore dispatching guards and gunsmiths to restore the rightful order of things, as established by the law! This update features Malnutrition, Guards, Guards Posts, Hostile Colonists, and more. With this update, your game version should be 18.104.22.16841 on PC and 22.214.171.124 on Xbox. As always, if you have any feedback let us know! :)
- Hostile colonists:
- Colonists can now turn hostile against each other, if their happiness gets too low.
- Survivor groups can sometimes contain hostile colonists.
- Colonist Guards:
- Colonist guards can now be used to improve defense against attacks and to handle hostile colonists in the colony.
- Guards can use weapons if they are available. Weapons make them more effective against enemies.
- Guards patrol around the Guard Post buildings.
- Malnutrition: [Community request]
- Colonists now track what type of food they have eaten.
- Food is divided into three groups. Meats, vegetables and basic. Basic food keeps hunger away, but to avoid malnutrition colonists need a balanced diet of meats and vegetables.
- Eating only one type of food causes malnutrition.
- Different foods affect malnutrition in different amounts, meals are always the best food to eat.
- New event features:
- 16 new events.
- Some events have several steps and they might reoccur based on the selections in the previous event.
- Events can now involve societies found from the World Map.
- Event results can now increase or decrease the reputation between the colony and a society.
- Resource amounts and rewards from events now scale based on the colony's resource amount.
- New weapon resource type added that can be produced in Gunsmith, or found in the World Map. Guards equip weapons if available.
- Mouse cursor now shows different states, such as loading, attacking enemy, scouting a sector etc. [Community request]
- Colonists and enemies in melee combat no longer stack over each other. [Community request]
- Notifications added for combat damage and for spawning enemies. [Community request]
- Tech tree has new technologies that unlock Gunsmith and Guard post buildings.
- Tooltips added to the tech tree and trade menu.
- The Sandworm is changed to do ranged attacks instead of melee attacks.
- Enemy unit spawn points improved inside the colony. [Community request]
- Some bandits now target buildings instead of colonists.
- Colonists no longer chase enemies too far from their start location.
- Health bars are now hidden when the unit hasn’t taken damage in a while. [Community request]
- The roads are now rendered in a completely new way with new graphics.
- Colonist and Building info panel tabs moved from the edge of the window to inside of the window.
- Fallout catastrophe now has a more intense acid rain effect.
- Colonists now have guard and hostile versions of themselves.
- Sawmill now shows electricity effects during magnetic storms.
- Animal textures have been updated that makes them easier to spot from the environment. [Community request]
- Increased bandit health and decreased their damage overall to make combats last longer.
- Colonists at the gate now have slightly stronger defense against attacks.
- Increased Fuel value and decreased Oil value, to make trading refined Fuel profitable.
- Weapons added to world map locations.
- Meals are now more expensive to produce, but they have higher nutritional value than normal food.
- Forum: Update 7: Law & Order Patch Notes, 2020-05-07.