Surviving the Aftermath
Release date / Patch
Store: Base game
Surviving The Aftermath is a strategy game developed by Iceflake Studios and published by Paradox Interactive. The game follows the concept of the previous game (Surviving Mars) in the Surviving series this time set in a post-apocalyptic world. It was released in early access for Epic Game Store and Xbox Game Preview.
Survive and thrive in a post-apocalyptic future — resources are scarce but opportunity calls. Build the ultimate disaster proof colony, protect your colonists and restore civilization to a devastated world. Remember: The end of the world is just the beginning.
- No Place Like Home - Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 50 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security. Don’t forget to construct the Gate to venture into the savage world beyond your colony.
- Surviving Earth - Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with exploitable resources, bandits, and more. Each environment has different conditions that will affect your colony’s survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival Is My Specialty - Recruit over 46 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect The Unexpected - Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Mods - Surviving the Aftermath players can bring their own visions to life using Paradox Mods.
Why Early Access?
With Surviving the Aftermath, we want to get the community involved early in the game’s development. New content incorporating your feedback will be added regularly throughout the Early Access period. We’re excited to embark on this adventure with our players as we work together to make this game reach its full potential.
- Main article: Developer diaries